The https://extranet.uic.org website and related websites are published by the International Union of Railways, an association under the French law of 1901, registered at the Préfecture de Paris under number W 75 101 4800 P.
Legal Notice and General Terms and Conditions of Use
- “Website” refers to the https://extranet.uic.org website, as well as related websites published by the International Union of Railways.
- “User” designates all Internet users browsing on the website, regardless of whether or not they have registered on the website or are logged in.
Article 1: Scope
These General Terms and Conditions of Use govern the contractual relationship between the International Union of Railways and all users of the website.
The user is asked to read this document carefully and to reread it each time he/she visits the website. By using the website, the user accepts these General Terms and Conditions of Use.
These General Terms and Conditions of Use may be modified by UIC in order to take account of changes to French law or the website’s software. In this respect, please contact the webmaster at firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions in relation to the website. Any questions regarding your personal data may be addressed to the Data Protection Officer at email@example.com.
Article 2: Intellectual property rights
The company publishing the https://extranet.uic.org website is the exclusive owner of all of the intellectual property rights relating both to the structure and to the contents of the website and its related websites.
All of the elements displayed on this website (images, databases, brands, illustrations, logos, drawings, models, page layout, downloadable materials) are protected as intellectual property by French and international law on copyright and intellectual property. No part of the website may be reproduced, represented, adapted, or partially or totally modified in any form or by any means without prior written permission under penalty of law.
Its contents cannot be used for professional or commercial purposes or commercialised to third parties without the express agreement of the International Union of Railways.
Article 3: Liability
The services offered are compliant with the French legislation in force. Photographs and text reproducing and illustrating the products and services presented are not contractually binding. Consequently, the International Union of Railways cannot be held liable in the event of errors in any photographs or text.
Any links to external websites that appear on the website are provided for information purposes only. The International Union of Railways shall not be liable for the content of external websites referenced on its own website.
The International Union of Railways undertakes to comply with the regulations in force applicable to processing of personal data and, in particular, Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the EU Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016, applicable from 25 May 2018 (hereafter referred to as the “European General Data Protection Regulation” or GDPR), as well as French law no. 2018-493 of 20 June 2018 on the protection of personal data.
Article 4: Personal data
The International Union of Railways shall only process personal data collected from users. It shall collect the following information, required for the website’s proper functioning, at a minimum: Surname/First Name/Company/Professional email address/Country.
The user also has the option of providing the following additional information: Role/Department/Office Landline/Professional Mobile Phone/Professional Address/Professional Interests/Language(s) Spoken. These details may be modified by the user at any time in his or her personal account under “My profile”.
Collection of such personal data from users enables users, in particular, to:
- create a user area and complete and make changes to it at any time,
- obtain access to general UIC information,
- access groups,
- read news and discussion threads on forums, consult event calendars, download files, have access to links and all of the information provided in groups,
- be contacted by our department,
- contact UIC in relation to the Extranet’s functionality,
The personal data is processed by the International Union of Railways for the following purposes:
- Subscription to groups,
- Sharing the user’s profile with other group members,
- Sending notifications to users in relation to events, news, files and, more generally, all information requested by the user. The user may choose to no longer receive such notifications at any time by going to “My Notifications” in his/her “My Bookmarks” area.
- To ensure the general proper functioning of the Extranet as a collaborative tool.
- This personal data may be used by the International Union of Railways to send promotional material or information on events to users on a non-for-profit basis, and also for statistical purposes.
Article 5: Right to rectification, restriction and erasure
In accordance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 (hereafter referred to as the “European General Data Protection Regulation” or GPDR), as well as French law no. 2018-493 of 20 June 2018 on the protection of personal data, the user has the right to access, modify or delete information pertaining to him/her.
To exercise this right, simply log in to your user account to modify your personal information. You can also ask for processing and portability of your data to be limited, object to processing of your data, and request that your data be deleted in full by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also lodge a complaint with the French data protection supervisory authority, the Commission Nationale Informatique et Libertés (CNIL).
Article 6: Data retention periods
The personal data described above is stored for as long as is necessary for proper functioning of the application. Such data shall be retained for as long as your user account is active. If there is no activity on your user account for a full year, your data will be deleted.
You can create a new account at any time by filling out the online form, which is accessible via the homepage: https://extranet.uic.org
The International Union of Railways cannot be held liable in the event of transmission by the user of his/her access codes to third parties, whether intentional or unintentional. The user must keep such codes in a safe place. Use of the codes by a third party may result in the disclosure, alternation or deletion of the user’s personal data.
The International Union of Railways undertakes to guarantee that personal data is kept confidential and to ensure that persons authorised to process personal data:
- undertake to respect confidentiality or be subject to an appropriate legal obligation of confidentiality,
- receive the required training on protection of personal data,
- take account of the principles of data protection by default.
Article 7: Data security
In addition, the International Union of Railways has engaged AKABIA/OVH to host its website(s) in order to ensure the security of the personal data provided by its clients.
- Our users’ data is stored exclusively in France or in the European Union.
- The servers used are located in data centres certified in accordance with environmental standards (ISO 14001), quality standards (ISO 9001) and information security standards (ISO 27001).
- The software and physical infrastructure used to host our websites are designed to guarantee absolute data security (antivirus, switches, routers, servers and redundant firewalls).
- Native encryption of passwords is performed by the application. Administrators do not have access to passwords. If the user loses his/her password, he/she can reset it using the “Lost Password” button on the Extranet homepage. In the event of unauthorised access to your account, contact the administrator immediately at email@example.com
- the files are backed up over 14 days on a rolling basis. If you have inadvertently deleted a file or directory and realize it before 14 days, it is therefore possible to request a restoration of the file(s). To do so, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Article 8: Cookies
When you consult the International Union of Railways websites, data on traffic and cookies files is stored on your computer in order to analyse visits to the website’s information pages internally so that we can improve content and to compile statistics (pages visited, time visited, etc.).
You can manage the settings for storing cookies from your browser.
- Site powered with Drupal 8 by AKABIA, 53 rue Cuvelle, 59100 Roubaix, France
- Site hosted by OVH Gravelines, France
- Photo credits: UIC, https://stock.adobe.com – photographs shall be used exclusively for the UIC Extranet. Use of photographs for any other purposes is strictly prohibited.